Saturday, November 2, 2013

Chelsea

Yesterday we lost our sweet Chelsea, a Lab & Akita mix. We adopted her over 13 years ago, when she was just over a year old. Fourteen years is a long life for a dog her size. Her hearing and sight were declining, her hips getting sore, and she was losing control of her bowels. Thursday,  her hips gave out, and she couldn't walk anymore. It was a very hard decision to make, but euthanasia was the best choice for her. Ghon and I were with her to the end. My eyes are still sore from all the crying.  I took these pictures the day she died. I had the kids give her lots of love before they left that morning.  The picture of her I took a few minutes before her last breath.
Rest in peace my sweet Chelsea. You were my first dog as an adult,  and you will always have a special place in my heart. You were patient, you were loving, and so in tune with our emotions.  We will miss having you around.

Chelsea Eckley - June 2, 1999 - November 1, 2013
Genevieve & Chelsea her last morning with us.



Jonathan giving Chelsea some love her last morning with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment